Unnat Bharat Abhiyan a flagship programme of the government of India and inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. This was the dream of the father of nation Mahatma Gandhi that real India is residing in rural areas and their development must be our top priority. This mission is conceptualised as a movement to enable processes that connect institutes of higher education with local communities to address the development challenges of rural India through participatory processes and appropriate technologies interventions for accelerating sustainable growth with available human and natural resource in the adopted villages. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between the society and an inclusive university system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors.
Basic objective of UBA are:
- To engage the students and faculty of higher educational institutions in understanding rural realities
- To identify and select existing technologies, enable customization of technologies or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions, as per the local needs.
- To leverage the knowledge base of the institutions, to devise processes for effective implementation of various government programs.
Major areas of intervention can be - health, education, skills, values; organic agriculture, water management, renewable energy, artisan and rural industries, harnessing natural resources, e-support (IT enablement); basic amenities. (Attachment: UBA brochure)
List of Adopted Villages Under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Scheme :
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research. To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
How You Can Participate in UBA?
You are welcome to participate in the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in any of the following capacity as per your present status, competence and interest:
- As a prospective Mentoring Institute
- As a Participating Institute
- As a Subject Expert
- As a Voluntary Organization
- As a Developmental Agency
- As a Philanthropist or a CSR Promoter
- As NSS Member
- As an Enthusiastic Volunteer
For more information in this regard, you may please visit the UBA website
OUR COLLEGE HAS ADOPTED FOLLOWING FIVE VILLAGES UNDER UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN (IN KARNAL DISTRICT) :-
1. UNCHA SAMANA
5. BUDHA KHERA
NSS CELL OF THE COLLEGE PAID A FORMAL VISIT ON 9 AND 10 DEC 2022 IN THESE VILLAGES AND INTERACT WITH SARPANCH OF THE VILLAGES WITH NSS VOLUNTEERS.